Contributors

Visit My Campaign Website

Click Here to visit my campaign website - http://webpages.charter.net/lechler27.




Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Importance Of and Appreciation For Your Local Government

I am finding out that running for office is a good educational experience.  I am gaining a renewed and enhanced appreciation for how many dedicated citizens there are who serve in the role of school, town, city and county official.

The issue that really concerns me is that many of these officials are frustrated and are weary of all of the regulations and mandates thrust upon them by the higher levels of government.  Most local government officials could and would run their town and city governments more efficiently, more economically and with more common sense if they would not need to deal with or comply with things like prevailing wage and mandated arbitration processes.

We need to get the yoke of higher government off of the backs of local government.