Contributors

Visit My Campaign Website

Click Here to visit my campaign website - http://webpages.charter.net/lechler27.




Thursday, October 7, 2010

One Item at a Time

I have never been able to understand how we got to the point where our state and federal Assemblymen/Congressmen and Senators vote on items and include dozens of unrelated issues.  Why does so much legislation seem to be gray and not black or white?  Why is there a smorgasbord of pork in all the bills?

To me it would appear that the most common sense approach would be to vote and approve one item at a time.  At a minimum, unrelated topics should never be included.

I don't believe any of us could comprehend why the Healthcare Bill would be 2000 pages.  As I attended Petri and Feingold meetings and they held up the 2000 pages (4 reams of paper), no one could believe that anyone had read (much less understood) what was contained in it.  This has become evident as time marches on and we hear weekly of all of the strange items, taxes, fees, etc. which are part of the this new Healthcare plan.