Contributors

Visit My Campaign Website

Click Here to visit my campaign website - http://webpages.charter.net/lechler27.




Thursday, October 7, 2010

Waiting for Superman

For the last month I have been hearing about a new movie entitled "Waiting for Superman".  This is supposedly a film that analyzes the failures of American public education.  I asked teachers, prinicpals and superintendents about the film and what they knew about it.  None of them seemed to be aware of it.  I am not taking a pro or con position about this film, but I am trying to learn more about it.

There have been discussions about it almost daily on informational news shows.  In fact, the former superintendent of Milwaukee,  Howard Fuller, provided input into this film.  In it's release in January at Sundance, it received the Audience Award for best documentary.  I believe it started showing in documentary cinemas on September 24th.  I encourage you to google, search out and analyze this film and its message.  I'll be doing the same.